Adding the “Enhanced Display’ (Image + Text) Amazon Affiliate ads in WordPress can be a pain in the neck – for some reason WordPress and Amazon Enhanced Display Ads don’t work together well. Luckily, there is a way it can be done, it just requires a little extra work.
- Edit the post in HTML mode, not in the Visual Editor (the Visual Editor will strip out the iFrame code) – you can create a draft of the post in the Visual Editor, but you’ll want to switch to the HTML editor when its time to add the Amazon Enhanced Display Ads
- Copy & Paste the Amazon Affiliate Enhanced Display Ads where you want them in the HTML editor once the post is ready for them
- If you have multiple Enhanced Display Ads and you want them to appear side by side (instead of each one appearing on top of each other), then you’ll need to add the iframe align attribute. It is inserted at the very end of the code before the ></iframe> and you can choose center, left or right align. For instance: <iframe src=”http://rcm.amazon.com/…” style=”width:120px;height:240px;” scrolling=”no” align=”left”></iframe> will ensure your Enhanced Displays are left aligned, and allow you to have multiple Enhanced Displays side-by-side if they are also left aligned. You’ll also need to add a “<p>” before the first Enhanced Display ad, and a “</p>” before the last display ad. A series of left aligned Enhanced Display Ads would look like this:
- You will probably need to enter line breaks after the Ad. This can be done by inserting “ ” on seperate lines to create line breaks. Add a few and see how many more you need to make it look right.
- Update the post (while still in HTML Editor) and do not switch to Visual Editor otherwise you’ll lose everything
- Tweak the code in the HTML editor by adding extra line breaks until you get the desired result.
<p><iframe src=”http://rcm.amazon.com/…” style=”width:120px;height:240px;” scrolling=”no” align=”left”></iframe>
<iframe src=”http://rcm.amazon.com/…” style=”width:120px;height:240px;” scrolling=”no” align=”left”></iframe></p>
And that’s it! For an example of this in the live, check out my guide on how to hardwire an Escort Passport Radar Detector which the above screenshot was taken from. I hope this helps you earn money and enhance your blog posts